SEAL is the complete solution for centralizing, managing and archiving the entries of a company either on paper or electronic. SEAL helps to streamline your business processes by optimizing the way you manage and archive your documents.see product ...
Frequently, traditional ECM (Enterprise Content Management) software is used mainly for unified content repository, archiving and records management, which translates into high maintenance & operational costs and poor user experience. Due to inflexible platforms and lack of advanced records management capabilities we are seeing a surge in the number of unhappy customers and thus huge business opportunity to decommission/replace legacy ECM.
Specific customer pains and needs
- Organizations are looking to archive and manage multiple content types;
- Aging on-premises archiving platforms are being replaced by more modern solutions;
- Need for decommissioning legacy application while still keeping access to their data with lower costs;
- Mobile access − access to archived content through a mobile web-based browser (smartphone, tablet, laptop, and so forth) and mobile apps for iOS and Android;
- Enterprise Content Management Companies have more than 15.000 active and mostly unhappy customers;
- Legacy ECM losing focus on technology and benefits;
- Limitations of legacy ECM architectures and poor cloud integration and support (no multi-tenancy, difficult back-up and restore process, difficult automatic failover and failback processes);
- Archiving as a service (a.k.a. cloud archiving) has rapidly surpassed on-premises archiving;
- Lack of advanced records management capabilities (WORM, retentions, digital shredding, extra cost for specialized records management capabilities etc.);
- High maintenance costs with the information archiving platform software maintenance renewals, support contracts and with the document capture component;
- Extra costs for standard functionalities (viewer, records management functionalities, etc.);
- Poor user experience for unified content repository, archiving and records management use cases;
- Poor support for mobility of traditional ECM platforms;
- Lack of advanced integration with Hitachi Content Platform.
Expanded HCP use for existing customer – IMPROVE the existing HCP in relation with existing legacy ECM with Star Connectors.
- Migrate content managed by existing Legacy ECM from current storage platform to the existing HCP and increase usage of the existing HCP / sell more capacity.
New customers for HCP – IMPROVE the existing Legacy ECM with a new HCP and Star Connectors.
- Replacement for current content storage platform with a new HCP;
- Replacement for current content storage platform shared among multiple applications.
Content Migration Services to HCP – MIGRATE in place enterprise content management solutions from existing storage environment to HCP
Secure enhanced content storage and governance
- External (to application server and users) storage area
- WORM storage option
- Inherent HCP resiliency (“backup-less”)
- Enforce retention at storage level
- “Shredding” and “holding” options independent of application
- Prevents unintentional/unplanned deletions of content
Migrate content without disruptions
- No impact on legacy ECM users
- No impact to core document management functions
- All operations are transparent to legacy ECM user
Improve data reliance
- Simplify backup and restore procedures
- Reduce the backup footprint - to HCP files which don’t need to be modified
- Improve recovery with automatic failover and fallback with HCP replication
Enable private-cloud architectures
- With HCP multi-tenancy.
Aggregation of both content and metadata on HCP
- Enables (legacy ECM) application independent searching
Why we are different
- Hitachi Content Platform advance integration / certified;
- Competitive pricing (license & maintenance).
- Unlimited internal & external users licensed as standard;
- Great user experience, from desktop to mobile devices;
- Designed for Cloud, multi-tenant capable;
- Mobile-Ready with CMIS implementation and native mobile apps;
- Optimized for fixed content vs. Legacy ECM complexity;
- Advanced imaging capabilities included as standard - document capture with unlimited OCR and integrated viewer;
- Dynamic Security - powerful and flexible security rules based on metadata;
- Information retrieval and discovery-centric, making it easy for the user to find and see the data (perspectives) – vs. the rigidity of legacy ECM;
- Metadata schema flexibility − dynamic adaptive data model for “IT independent” information governance and “adaptive-schema” indexing;
- Content encryption and digital signature support;
- Advanced Records Management with file plan, retention, and holds as standard − all these features leverage HCP retention and retention management architecture and capabilities.
Want more information?
Find out more about how to sale and help clients business grow.Login to partner portal
Smart solutions build with advanced products
Each of our solutions was carefully developed to answer a specific business need. Leveraging our own advanced content portfolio we make it our mission to help your business harness the full power of today's technologies while saving you time and resources.
Seamlessly integrated into existing enterprise content management infrastructure, both for the end user and for the legacy ECM applications, StarConnectors product family allows legacy ECM repositories to store content within HCP appliances in addition to the usual storage.see product ...